Thursday, January 03, 2008

Welcome welcome welcome

I need to learn more discipline. The funny thing is I'm a pretty disciplined person; I almost always go to class, I do my homework, I go to work and do my job, I keep my room clean and pitch in around the house, and I very rarely slack off. But when it comes to food and cosmetics, I'm just plain terrible.
I love food. That's part of the reason why I'm as large as I am. There are other factors, like height and bone structure, and unhappiness (I'm working on it) that contribute to the luciously large Laura, but it really boils down to my love of food. And not crap, either. I've been taking stock of what I eat and it's very rarely junk food (with the small exception of chocolate, which I cannot and WILL not ever say no to), so I figure I just have to practise more discipline.
And cosmetics, don't even get me started. I have a stockpile of body cream, a mountain of makeup, and I don't think I'll run out of deoderant for a while. The makeup part is a process, though, as I'm replacing all my cheap drugstore brands with high end, quality makeup that's better for my skin and better for the environment, but the madness has got to stop. So I'm keeping all my receipts and tallying them at the end of the month to see just how bad my habit is. Hopefully I can rein it in before it gets too out of hand.
Here's something amusing, though; I tried out a pilates DVD today and it was HYSTERICAL. I don't think I've laughed at myself so hard in a long time. I know I have to keep at it but while all those cracked out gymnasts on the screen were contorting themselves into pretzel shapes I was huffing and puffing and trying my best to emulate their otherworldly exercises and finally I kind of collapsed on the floor in the basement and just watched the rest of the workout. It was 20 minutes and I'm proud to say I got through 15 of them, but I want to call up that Mari Winsor and tell her that my bubble butt does NOT rest flat on the ground the way those women's flat asses do so she can forget about my "powerhouse" taking the brunt of the impact.

2008 is going to be an interesting year, kids.

-Laur

No comments: