Sunday, January 06, 2008

V803, how I love thee!






























The dog at the top is named Daisy. She is a 5 year old Golden Retriever who belongs to my Uncle Ron and Auntie Dee. I love her even when she smells disgusting. She came over for dinner tonight because yesterday was Sarah's 19th birthday and my Auntie Brenda is here so we were all gathering for various festive celebrations. Isn't she gorgeous? Can't pose for a picture to save her life, though.
The next picture is of my Auntie Brenda and my mom. They're sisters, and sometimes the likeness is astounding. Though not right now.
The third picture is of Maggie, my Uncle Jim's Golden Retriever. She's 9 months old and is lucky enough to live in Nanaimo, BC, where she can chill by the ocean and find all sorts of interesting ocean debris on the beach to play with, including but not limited to: dead things, seaweed, garbage, driftwood, rocks, and other interesting and semi-disgusting stuff. This summer I'm going to meet her, by hook or by crook.
The last picture is an artistic one of my cat Emily, perched on my windowsill on a bright winter day. She's very small and can contort her body into all sorts of strange shapes. Sometimes she looks very striking, as she does now. She usually doesn't photograph very well because she's so solidly dark, but this time I caught her eyes at just the right moment. Scary, but beautiful.
Can you tell how much fun I'm having with my new camera?

-Laur
Posted by Picasa

No comments: