Friday, January 01, 2010

Welcome to 2010

I don't have resolutions this year, as I find they set me up for disappointment. Instead, I have ideas
  • I want to learn how to cook better than I do. I will choose and follow more recipes instead of making things up, and hone some of my weaker kitchen skills such as knife handling and pan-cooking (sauteeing, sweating, frying, browning, etc.)
  • I need to get active again. My pants are getting tighter, something that hasn't happened in years, and my lung capacity is shrinking daily. I don't have enough money to rejoin the gym, so I will have to come up with a cheaper alternative.
  • I want to be a kinder person. I'm terribly hard on some of the people in my life, and now that I know that most people aren't going to live up to my expectations, I need to stop beating them up (mentally) and beating myself up for putting them on a pedestal.
  • I will abandon the idea of a best friend. It's an unattainable label to follow, and it winds up hurting me more than it comforts me. I read an article in Chatelaine that cleared a lot of my best-girl-friend misconceptions last month, and I feel a lot better now that I understand that best friends don't actually exist.
I will also try to post to this blog at LEAST once a week.
Happy New Year. Welcome to the next decade.

-Laur

No comments: