Friday, March 16, 2007

Dun dun duuuuuuuuun...


I'm being stalked by two Canada Geese. It started Wednesday afternoon. I had just left my friend Monica and was walking away from the Student Centre to campus walk (because it was such a GORGEOUS day) when I heard a lot of honking. Now, being a Torontonian who has frequented the Zoo and Stong Pond enough times to know what a pissed-off Canada Goose sounds like, I immediately began to look around for the source beaks. And as I approached the CSE, I found them. They were perched on the roof of the impressive glass-fronted building, about 3 storeys high, honking repeatedly at whatever poor soul was walking by at that moment.
I ducked and covered, of course, knowing that I was in prime range for a poop bomb from high altitude, and ran into Curtis to attend my lecture.
Now, this would have been a random, isolated incident except for the fact that as I walked by that same area this afternoon at around 12:30, telling my friend Lia the exact same story I just told you, THERE THEY WERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only this time, they were on the roof of Curtis, honking at the people coming out of the upper-level exits.
Weird, eh? Lia stood there laughing as I freaked out and we ran down the hill to Stong for our class. I walked into the classroom to secure seats for myself and Lia just as a classmate said "Hey, did you guys see those stupid geese on the roof back there?" Another classmate replied "yeah, dumbass things held up my bus for 6 minutes yesterday. They think they own the goddamn school."
I sat down and sighed.
"They're stalking me. If a goose comes wandering down the hall in the next half hour, I apologize in advance," I said.
Ah, the mysteries of York.
-Laur

3 comments:

Michela said...

Theres a pair of geese that come in to the common element (that alley thing between the back yard behind my house) that I swear are out to get me. They honk at me if they so much as see my hand opening the window. I call them Bellatrix and Rodolphus because they are evil and crazy.

Rohit said...

Must be mating season.

Rohit said...

PS - thank you for the book list!